Goal 1: Vigorously seek ways for all students to reach their full potential
Provide opportunities that enable children to come to school ready to learn.
- Conduct parent orientation at the beginning of the school year.
- Provide wellness education for every school.
- Reduce absenteeism in K-8 schools and reduce high school dropout rate.
- Provide a more comprehensive preschool program to include a larger segment of the population.
- Develop opportunities for parent learning.
- Provide more opportunities for parent organizations to become involved.
Promote student achievement.
- Continue to reduce classroom size utilizing modular classrooms added to campuses.
- Provide more recognition for classroom achievement.
- Promote education in fine arts.
- Close the achievement gap between subgroups of students.
- Use student performance data to drive instruction and assess school performance.
- Increase the number of students who will show improvement when measured by standardized assessment.
- Increase student access to technology in all classrooms and computer labs across the county.
- Promote diversified curriculum including the dual path, technical path, and university path.
Implement professional development programs based on needs of individual schools.
- Continue to reinforce best practices.
- Provide teachers with state-of-the-art technology.
Back to Objectives and Strategies