Goal 2: Provide highly qualified personnel who are passionate about their work.
Recruit, employ, and retain highly qualified employees with proper endorsements and certifications.
- Partner with universities to enhance student teaching opportunities.
- Provide a career book at university-sponsored teacher recruitment career days.
- Provide mentoring resources for teachers once they are employed.
- Provide financial incentives through stipends and vouchers to expand educational growth.
Provide leadership training and staff development that will enhance teacher/employee performance.
- Conduct needs assessment at each campus and design staff development based on these results.
- Provide continuous technology training through individual and small group training sessions throughout the school district so that teachers may remain current in technological innovations.
- Continue the new teacher-mentoring program and extend the mentoring program to include all teachers who are in need of any type of professional development.
- Provide and/or create specific professional development opportunities for school leaders, which include but are not limited to the following: school finance, policies and procedures, leadership qualities, leadership responsibilities, and faculty/staff management.
Provide employees with a competitive salary and benefits.
- Educate county commissioners as to the need and priority of education.
- Inform the general public of the need for increased salaries and insurance benefits for personnel.
- Develop a long-range plan/goal to increase salary and benefits to standard of all other county employees.
Empower personnel in decision-making processes that affect them and their students.
- Allow faculty representation on the School Board.
- Give more control of curriculum to teachers.
- Encourage teacher input in his/her classroom environment (safety, discipline, etc.).
- Encourage teacher input in the formulation of school rules and policies.
Back to Objectives and Strategies