Goal 4: Advocate active parental, business, and community involvement in the Obion County School System.
Encourage parents to become active participants in the educational growth of their children.
- Provide opportunities for parent participation, such as room volunteers, AR family reading night, classroom tutoring, and chaperoning.
- Align activities with parent schedules, such as parent/teacher conferences and registration.
- Provide technology classes for parents, such as word processing and surfing the Internet.
- Provide classes for parents of preschoolers to adolescents.
- Create task forces and committees involving parents, such as SACS and school improvement committees.
- Provide websites and web pages for parental use through links from www.obioncountyschools.com.
Continue Partners in Education (PIE) Program and broaden relationship between schools and business/industry.
- Encourage “exchange” visits of business and professional people to schools and student-teacher groups to businesses and plants.
- Celebrate and increase awareness of individual school’s accomplishments with community and businesses.
- Develop and distribute news releases, features, and other information on a timely, regular basis.
- Develop activities at each school that will involve its Partners in Education (PIE), such as conducting information forums and offering facilities for training.
Utilize and expand community involvement.
- Revise and update Obion County Schools’ pamphlets, brochures, and website.
- Provide tutoring opportunities.
- Provide mentoring opportunities.
- Improve public relations.
Inform the public of our five-year plan.
- Budget and/or solicit funds for advertising.
- Budget and/or solicit funds for publications.
Increase information to the public through ongoing communication.
- Develop and distribute news releases, features, and other information on a regular basis.
- Encourage principals to broaden open houses and other programs that promote public visitation in their schools.
Back to Objectives and Strategies